It’s a new year, and keeping with tradition, I have set a few goals for myself. Historically, I am terrible with goal setting. I like the idea of sitting down and planning out my year, the act of setting goals. But, like most of us, I stink at hitting the mark.
This year will be different. Why? This is the first year I have put my goals on paper for me to read. Daily. Plus, I am sharing it here too!
I have a few different business goals, but a simple one to share today is that I want to read 12 books this year. Sounds simple, I know. This means I must actively choose not to watch so much TV (or, gasp, look at my phone) and read a book! In addition to ready 12 books for pleasure, I want to read 4 business books this year.
Here is my list for business related content – what should I add?
- Building a Brand Story, Donald Miller
- What to Post, Chelsea Peitz
- anything by Seth Godin
- You2, Price Pritchett
And for fun, here is my list so far:
- West with Giraffes, Lynda Rutledge
- The Maid, Nita Prose
- The Mosquito Bowl, Buzz Bissinger (halfway through this one, currently gathering dust on my night stand)
- Abundance of Katherines, John Green (grabbed it for a quarter at the library book sale so I want to read it before I put it back on the shelf)
- Midnight Library, Matt Haig
- Spare, Prince Harry
Happy reading! Put your phone down. You’re welcome.