I love the opportunity to work with buyers, especially first time buyers. Before we trek out to see a house I ask for their time to have a quick consultation. This time is so valuable. It not only benefits me, but allows the prospective buyers to pause and think about their goals before becoming distracted while touring a home. Not all agents will do this! In the age of on-line $illow leads, many agents meets buyers in the driveway of any home they wish to see and just show the house. I think this is a huge discredit to the level of service I bring.
Here are the things I talk about at a buyers consultation:
10. Tell me about yourself!
9. Have you ever bought a home before? How did that experience make you feel?
8. Have you met with a lender to know what you can afford?
7. What other monthly expenses do you have that would make you nervous about taking on a house payment?
6. What is your timeline for moving?
5. Tell me about your wish list: bedrooms, bathrooms, location, yard, schools
4. Are you interviewing, or working with another agent?
3. What are you looking for in a realtor, how do you prefer to communicate with me?
2. Who else is involved in the buying decision?
1. Why do you want to purchase a home?
Answers to all of these questions open the door for me and my clients to work together for a smooth transactions. EVERY step of a real estate transaction can brings surprises: earnest money, inspections, title opinions, negotiations, and more! This list is very long, but I will be with them for every step.